My boys! (on the left, kinesthetic, on the right, visual)

My boys! (on the left, kinesthetic, on the right, visual)

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Now that we have gotten that taken care of.....

So, I am hoping, from my last post, we have figured out there are people who are just not ready to go to school. I know when i was 18 and fresh out of high school, I had one thing.....no, two things on my mind. Beer and girls. Maybe not in that order, but they were definitely running neck and neck. If I would have went to college or tech school right out of high school, there would be no way I would have made it. You have to want it. You have to be disciplined enough to make it all work.

Now that we have decided what we want, and have decided on education, we need to find out what kind of a learner we are. Visual, auditory or kinesthetic. Visual means just that. We learn better when we see something. We may need to watch someone put something together, or see a video on the subject. They are good at remembering direction they read. Auditory, again, is just that. They learn best by listening to what is being said or happening at the time. They are very good at remembering what they hear. Kinesthetic is someone who can look at it and figure it out. They are very good at putting things together without looking at directions. Hands on is what we will call these people.

I am a combination of kinesthetic and visual. I, like most men, think they find anything and do anything without asking our using directions. I read directions and do not have many problems following them, but usually it is after all else has failed. Occasionally I will begin to read the directions, then jump head first into the project, and have to come back to the directions again at a later time. There are several different ways of determining your learning style, and I would suggest using a simple survey found by googling "learning style inventory questionnaire"
http://people.usd.edu/~bwjames/tut/learning-style/

No comments:

Post a Comment